Reading Time: 3 minutes. Enjoy!
AsSalam and hi all,
This simple tutorial just want to show on how to install a Notepad++. An introduction what is Notepad++ as mention in their official site (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/) are;
Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- 1st, you need to download the installer (its free) from their web page. Then, run the installer and select a language and click OK button.
- Click Next button on Welcome window to proceed
- Like any other installation procedure, you must agree with the terms. Click on I Agree button to proceed.
- Then, check the destination folder, if you wish to change the location or else just click Next button to proceed install at default destination folder in your Program Files directory.
- In choose components window, you may select all as we want all components include. Click Next button.
- Its optional if you want to create shortcut on Desktop and check the 2nd check box if you use/install Notepad++ in a USB device. Else, just click Install to start the installation.
- Installation will take a few sec, just hold on.
- Completing installation window. Click Finish button.
- There you go, Notepad++ is ready for you.
In next tutorial relate to Notepad++, I will show how to connect your Notepad++ with your hosting and do some coding activity with it. Till then, have a nice day and hope this simple tutorial helps.
If you like this article, then please follow me on Facebook. Thank you.