AsSalam and hi all.
This is another basic yet quite important knowledge for a new web system developer to master. Creating an online MySQL database from cPanel and then connect it to your system. In this tutorial, I will cover on creating the databases 1st, while on the next tutorial I will then cover how to connect and display data from your online databases. Alright, lets start.
- Login to your hosting cPanle (usually url : https://yourdomain.com/cpanel )
- From DATABASES section, select MySQL ® Database Wizard
- Enter databased name, for example here is dewasolu_demodb , then click Next Step
- Enter databased username and Password, for example here are:
- Username : dewasolu_demo
- Password : HKguJh576#6&&tR.
- You also can use the Password Generator button option to generate a password.
- Then click Create User
- Step 3 check the box for ALL PRIVILEGES
- Then click on Next Step
- Your databased is created and read. Click on Return Home
**Remember the Username, Password and Databased that you just created**
- At cPanel home page, select phpMyAdmin to access your new database.
- There might be a list of databased. Select the one we just created.
- Then, to create a table, enter Name and Number of columns and then click Go For example, here are;
- Table name: dataSaya
- Table Number of columms: 4
- Set table as id (int , PRIMARY, A_I) , nama (varchar , 100), email (varchar, 100) and password (varchar, 50) , then click on Save
- As for example, we will enter data from phpMyAdmin.
- Click on Insert
- By default, there are 2 sets of data can be inserted (you can add more than 2), so just enter 2 data as the example below.
- ID must be left empty as it is the primary key data and auto-increment. MySQL will generate it automatically.
- Click the Go button to save your data.
- Data successfully inserted. Click Browse link to view the data.
Next, we will write PHP code to connect to the database and display the data on a webpage.